Thursday, January 21, 2010

6 Year Old Pen Pal Revisited: A Book Report

I finally picked up 'Tonight on the Titanic' by Mary Pope Osborne, in the Magic Tree House series book #17. I immediately wondered how much a book of this caliber, all 72 pages of 18 font, could cost at one's local children's bookstore. Sadly, this book is only distributed in some fantastic grade-school black market. Maybe the book just wasn't good enough to be sold in bookstores. It certainly wasn't too good.

I read the book in 40 minutes, but I didn't feel good about myself. I wondered if I should be getting my foot into this literary black market scam. Writing for adults can be hard, arduous, and full of long multi-syllabic words. This book finished with a cliff hanger guaranteeing atleast three (3) more books! Bigger cliffhanger than any episode of Weeds.

I've done much bigger bullshitting before, so this letter will be easy enough. However Scholastic, shame on you. What happened to good children's books?

-Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment