Monday, January 25, 2010

Cool Jew: Heebsters and Hip Books


(Left: Lisa Klug, obviously unhip)

From the articles I've read about 'Cool Jew' by Lisa Klug, it is a very hip book. I can't say I've read it yet, but it will go on my reading list, if not just purely for entertainment value. Although they definitely could should have hired a graphic designer to do it right. Maybe a certain soon to be Uarts graphic design graduate called 'my brother'. Just sayin'.

While reading a review about this book, I came across the word "heebster". It's trying to be cute by combining Hebrew and Hipster. Why not 'Hipbrew'? Sounds alot like 'hip-bro'. I'm definitely one of those.

I'm not sure if I can adopt this word as my own. It sounds just a tad too nerdy for my taste. Reminds me of the Jewish geek from Freaks and Geeks. Unless 'heebster' is a Jew who religiously reads Heeb magazine. Then I'm all for it...that's just essential hip.

I think I'll just stick with Hipster-Jew. It's got a dash, and last time I checked, dashes were the new hipsters. Score bro!

-Charles

P.S. Stay tuned, a real semi-legitimate website will be up soon, and I'll be adding another Hipster-Jew writer to the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment