Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Synposis of Tegan and Sara concert

Burlington, VT is known for its large lesbian community. I don't know why specifically lesbians. I'm not sure where or how big the homosexual community is. But the point is that at this concert there were more lesbian couples than the entire state of Vermont.

Maybe I exaggerate, but I do honestly believe the above claim. Why not? Tegan and Sara, sisters who both happen to be lesbians, very much have the support of the lesbian community. If all those Jews, even some of the more religious ones, can come out on a weekday night to see Matisyahu do his schtick, it certainly makes sense.

I can't remember if I've ever been surrounded by that many lesbians, hipsters, and hipster lesbians. It gave me an odd sense of kindred for a few brief moments. Then I realized they were mostly Canadiens. While I flexed my Canadien rights to throw back a couple of tasty beverages, it certainly didn't make up for the fact I was in the heart of French Quebecois.

All in all it was a good show. It was the first time I was in theater-style seating for a large indie act. This made me feel dainty and European, because real Americans rock out at their concerts. This also made me a little upset, because I couldn't rock out while standing up and drinking a beer. Why must I always be forced to choose?

I am proud to be an Amerrrican. Even if Montreal brings in better musicians, Canada remains to prove they don't suck a big one. Eh?

-Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment